Did you know June is National Camping Month? Camping is a fun way for the whole family to spend time together in nature and get away from technology – even if it’s just backyard camping! We put together a checklist of our favorite activities to ensure there’s never a dull moment – or a hungry camper.
- Tell stories or read a book together by the campfire.
- Make S’mores. Go for a classic graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow combination. Try adding a Watermelon Organic Ring for a fun twist. For backyard camping, make this Campfire S’mores Fudge ahead of time.
- Play a boardgame. There’s nothing like a little competition to bring on the family bonding.
- Go for a nature hike. Explore a nearby park or trail that you haven’t been to before. Pack Organic DelishFish as a snack to re-energize.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Stargaze. Lay down some blankets and don’t forget the snacks!
- Try birdwatching.
- Test your drawing skills. Find a pretty nature backdrop and start sketching.
- Go on a scavenger hunt. Hide items around the campsite (or backyard) then give kids a list. Hide our Organic Fruity Bears for a sweet surprise.
- Play flashlight tag – a classic outdoor game.
- Blow bubbles.
- Make a camping-inspired craft.
- Go kayaking or swimming with adult supervision.
- Help the environment by picking up trash.
What are your favorite outdoor activities? Share with us by tagging #WholesomeSweet.