Wholesome Sweeteners, Inc. is a dynamic and progressive food business. We recruit the best people to become part of our team. We have created a respectful workplace where people are treated fairly and are highly motivated to succeed. Our team is passionate about our products and genuinely believe them to be the best available. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team. We offer many challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries, and numerous benefits for experienced professionals.
Have a look at our open positions. If you would like to apply for one of these sweet spots, you can submit your resume and cover letter electronically by clicking the “apply now” button on the position posting page.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Reports to: Manager of Cost Accounting & Operational Support
FLSA Status: Exempt
Key Tasks: Responsible for the maintenance of product data and the posting of job related variances within Syspro. Assist in monthly close. Support the finance and operations groups to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
- Maintain cost related data in Syspro including BOMs, LCT elements and routes, purchase contracts, new item and/or warehouse setup, and GL accounts. Clean existing data as needed.
- Enter new item data into Syspro after reviewing information for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor and close production jobs to proper variance accounts and ensure postings are made within the corresponding period. Report outstanding issues as appropriate.
- Assist in annual cost standard building process for all inventoried items. Gather and organize new information, contracts, and pricing. Compile and analyze historical cost data.
- Assist in financial period and year-end closing activities.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies. Identify and question large variances and follow up on the reasons why.
- Research A/P quantity and/or pricing discrepancies related to inventoried items and contracted services.
- Compile and summarize operational inventory reconciliations and tie back to GL accounts.
- Analyze and investigate stock write-offs.
- Assist in external audit.
- Strong communication, technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- 2 to 4 year degree in Accounting/Finance or 5+ years applicable work experience
- Prior cost accounting experience highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including the ability to work with pivot tables, VLookups and complex formulas
Requires independent judgement, good time management skills, and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and strong work ethic.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. Use of hands to grasp, handle, pick-up and type. Reach with hands and arms. Ability to climb, balance and lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment and Travel:
The position is based in Sugar Land, TX at the Company HQ.
Minimal travel required.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met or are encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Sugar Land, TX 77478 Email: hrwsi@WholesomeSweet.com