Here at Wholesome!®, we are so proud to support Fair Trade! Since 2005, Wholesome!® has paid more than $11 million in Fair Trade premiums to farming co-operatives and partners. These premiums help bring clean water, electricity, schools and health care to villages in Malawi, Mexico, Brazil and Paraguay.
As you already know, we love sweets and we love to bake. What makes it even sweeter? When we get to use a bunch of Fair Trade Certified products! So this Fair Trade month and every month, we want to encourage you all to Buy Fair and Bake Fair! Your purchases can help brighten the lives of so many people around the world!
Of course, our Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Honey, and most of our products are Fair Trade certified. Even our new line of Organic & Non-GMO Frostings is the first Fair Trade Certified ready-to-use frosting on shelves (which we are super excited about)!
But what about those other ingredients? A bunch of the ingredients in your favorite recipes can be Fair Trade! Cocoa Powder, Zucchini, Bananas, Spices, Chocolate Chips. Curious which brands? Fair Trade USAs website has them all listed for your convenience. Yes, theyre pretty awesome like that.
So get shopping and start baking! We absolutely love this recipe for Chocolate Brownie Zucchini Bread. Weve even linked to the Fair Trade ingredients to make things easier for you!
- 2 oz Guittard Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar squares
- 3 cage-free organic eggs
- 1 cupWholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 cupWholesome! Organic Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated Organic Zucchini
- 1½ tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1½ cups Guittard Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 95 inch loaf pans. In small glass bowl, microwave chocolate squares until melted. Stir.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, Organic Cane Sugar, canola oil, zucchini, vanilla and melted chocolate (or cocoa powder). Mix well, then stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pans. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of bread comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Great by itself, and also tasty with nut butter.
Buy Fair. Bake Fair. Live Sweetly.♥