- Responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s U.S. ocean freight transactions including contracts & negotiations
- Monitor and manage on time, complete shipments per company targets and customer requirements
- Analyze metrics and data to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage 3rd party logistics providers overseeing inbound logistics of raw materials and finished goods, and outbound logistics of finished goods
- Oversee inter-company logistics regarding finished goods transfers
- Evaluate product sourcing optimization from distribution locations to Customers
- Plan, directs, and monitors the transport activities so that the organization’s goods and materials are transported safely, compliantly, and cost-effectively; arriving at their destination on time and in good condition.
- Develop budgets, forecasts and manage all logistics and distribution expenses to budget
- Evaluates, selects, negotiates and manages relationships with transport suppliers to minimize costs, achieve more favorable terms, and ensure satisfactory standards of service.
- Manage the day-to-day team activities that may include developing schedules, methods and routes; analyzing cost and metrics; coordinating customs clearances and permits.
- Control the flow of products to ensure arrival according to schedule and specifications to maximize efficiency.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to quickly gain trust and respect across all functions and levels
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently on multiple tasks
- Strong financial and business acumen
- The ability to work strategically and at a detail-oriented, hands-on level
- Manage performance of staff and hold individuals accountable for results
- B.S. degree in business, operations management or related field
- At least 10 years of progressive logistics management experience in consumer goods manufacturing environment with multi-site responsibility
- Import/export experience with Customs and compliance
- Advanced level Excel skills
Requires independent judgement, good time management skills, and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. Use of hands to grasp, handle, pick-up and type. Reach with hands and arms. Ability to climb, balance and lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment and Travel:
The Position is based in Houston, TX and will be office based in the Company HQ
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met or are encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.