Reports to: National Sales Manager – Foodservice
Key Task: Drive sales of Wholesome! and TruSweets brands in the foodservice channel working closely with brokers, distributors and key operators.
Location: Central US – Office out of home, but ideally located in or around a major metro area
- Develop & execute annual strategic Go-To-Market plans to drive increased sales and presence for the Wholesome! and TruSweets product lines in key foodservice segments.
- Secure new customers, both distributors and operators, to drive new sales.
- Act as primary point of contact for brokers and distributors.
- Continuously train, coach and support the brokers, distributors and key operators.
- Attend key strategic sales calls for major customer, distributor and broker opportunities. Drive the agenda for those meetings, ultimately delivering more Wholesome! and TruSweets presence in the marketplace.
- Maintain monthly plan/scorecard review schedule with brokers to ensure delivery against budget plans and implement course correction as necessary. Create quarterly top to top business reviews to keep focus on plan activities
- Recommend marketing and trade marketing vehicles and strategies to develop Wholesome’s foodservice business and enhance the brands in the channel. This could include trade ads, distributor/broker incentives, promotional pricing, POS materials and other tactics that are effective in this channel
- Manage trade spend program for foodservice distribution channel and be financially savvy in evaluating short and long term ROI of key activities and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- On-going communication with operators, brokers and distributors to ensure a seamless continuity of efforts.
- Interact with all levels of key operators, distributors and brokers.
- Effectively address customer issues and needs to their satisfaction while at the same time meeting the company’s sales and profit objectives.
- Provide weekly/monthly sales reports, expense reports, and other assigned reports as necessary.
- Effectively manage time and travel to meet competing objectives and priorities.
- Forecast sales and coordinate product needs with supply chain and customer Service.
- Identify, monitor and exploit foodservice and retail trends and opportunities, distributor changes, customer and consumer dynamics, etc. Recommend appropriate actions to the National Sales Manager – Foodservice.
Results Tracking & Management:
- Implement tracking/reporting tools to manage broker objectives.
- Assist with developing sales budgets by SKU and promotional spending budgets.
- Develop methods to systematically track and report competitive activity.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Minimum 7-10 years CPG Sales and Sales related experience in foodservice – preferably in the food & beverage segment.
- Minimum 2 years managing and developing broker networks.
- Demonstrated customer centric approach a must.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating new accounts and new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, must be very self-motivated and comfortable dealing with significant ambiguity as we pioneer this segment in foodservice.
- Willing to travel significantly and commit necessary time to develop sales opportunities. Travel on average 2-3 nights per week, but up to 4 nights in a week.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience in the natural/organic food industry is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Requires independent judgment, good time management skills, and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. Use of hands to grasp, handle, pinch, pick-up and type. Reach with hands and arms. Rare to occasional ability to climb, balance and lift up to 50 pounds. Close, distance and peripheral vision with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met or are encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.