- Responsible for the overall import management of in excess of 5,000TEUs per annum.
- Ensure compliance to our CTPAT and USCBP requirements.
- Manage our customs broker relationships for proper filing and timely bonded releases against the US Quotas
- Analyze supply and demand, making quota release recommendations by warehouse for each tranche
- Contract management, ensuring rates agree with contracts
- Track all imports and providing weekly vessel reports to our suppliers, warehouses, dray companies and upper management
- Develop import plan to ensure safety stock limits are met
- Ensure imported items in warehouses have proper documentation, matching packing list and warehouse receipts and lot code traceability
- Responsible for acquiring rate quotes and selecting the best service for movements between suppliers, US ports and foreign ports.
- Provide cost effectiveness analysis and make recommendations to the business on ways to improve
- Provide back up support for Customer Service and support all other departments from an Import Operation’s standpoint
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills
- Solid technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly knowledgeable of Import/Export compliance processes
- Ability to create highly analytical data for decision making
- Experienced in supply/demand analysis with ability to create long term shipment plan
- C-TPAT compliance and management
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively work within a team setting
- BS/BA in Logistics or related field
- 10+ years of Logistics experience
- Minimum of 7 years of import experience, working with US Customs
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Minimum of 5 years managing others
- Ability to travel
- Highly Proficient with MS Office
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
- Food Industry experience highly desirable
Requires independent judgment, good time management skills, and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. Use of hands to grasp, handle, pick-up and type. Reach with hands and arms. Ability to climb, balance and lift up to 25 pounds.
The Position is based in Sugar Land, Texas, and will be office based in the Company HQ. The Position requires some travel, domestic and international locations.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met or are encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.