Back To Careers
- This position reports to the Wholesome Sweeteners, Inc. Manager of Manufacturing and Technical Services and is located at Wholesome’s Candy division, TruSweets.
- Minimum Requirements are:
- Degree in or related to Manufacturing, Food Science, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience.
- Requires great communication and customer service skills, must be very detail oriented.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- The ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams is required
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish is a plus.
- Must be familiar with commercialization and manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within Production, Warehousing, Safety, Regulatory, R&D, or Technical Services in the Consumer Goods Manufacturing Industry
- Knowledge of Preventative Controls Food Safety Program Requirements and HACCP. PCQI desired.
- Must be familiar with Food Certification programs such as Organic, Kosher, Gluten Free and GFSI.
- Continuously improves Manufacturing practices of consumer goods through development and monitoring of Quality Manual.
- Coordinates Quality and Food Safety activities with responsibility to report back all information to Corporate Headquarters.
- Responsible for monitoring Quality and Food Safety Programs, Risk Assessments, and Sanitation Verification Activities.
- Maintains a high level of engagement with existing staff.
- Other duties assigned by upper management.
- Ensures quality and continuous improvement in the areas of Warehousing, Logistics, Manufacturing, and Safety.
- Proactively supports manufacturing in the execution of delivery of Safe, Quality, and Value Added food products.
- Assists with the development, enhancements, and maintenance of all finish product specifications and monitors compliance towards customer requirements.
- Conducts documented reviews and/or risk assessments related to the Food Safety Plan and ensures CAPA completion.
- Responsible for facilitating local, state, and federal inspections for the manufacturing site and for follow up on deviations and necessary corrective / preventative actions. Primary person responsible for Certification Inspections and SQF practitioner for onsite GFSI audits.
- Provides support for validation runs, test runs and first production runs.
- Proactively supports the enhancement, development, training and review of all new products, processes and suppliers as well as continuous improvement of current products.
- Point contact for all consumer and customer complaints and responsible for investigation, corrective action and responses.