Job Title: Region Manager, East – Grocery/Mass/Club
Salary Range: TBD
Reports to: Senior Director, Grocery/Mass/Club Sales & Sales Operations
Key Task: Grow sales of Wholesome (Sweetener and Candy) products in the Grocery/Mass/Club channels working closely with key customers and brokers.
Location: Home based position in the East or Central US in close proximity to a major airport.
- Identify, develop and manage key traditional grocery customers in the Eastern US, with emphasis on major Grocery and Mass Retailers plus Sam’s Club and BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- Maintain contact and provide sales and support to customers. Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major accounts.
- Develop and manage brokerage network to leverage effectiveness and support the company’s sales objectives.
- Understand and utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities and develop presentations for maximum effectiveness
- Exceed sales goals within promotional spend budget.
- Present new products and promotional plans to tailor product mix to best meet the customer/channel’s business potential.
- Recommend marketing vehicles and strategies to develop business and enhance the brand.
- Attend trade shows to support the business as needed.
- Regular feedback from sales calls and results to Senior Director of Sales & Sales Operations, Broker partners and the Wholesome Marketing Team.
- Provide monthly sales reports, expense reports, and other assigned reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively address customer issues and needs to their satisfaction while at the same time meeting the company’s sales and profit objectives.
- Liaise with customer service and account buyers to ensure high quality professional service and resolve any issues that may arise.
- On-going communication to ensure a seamless continuity of efforts.
- Business Planning:
- Formulate proactive action plans based on monthly sales results.
- Execute sales, promotional spend and other plans to drive share growth and achieve desired sales results.
- Actively participate in annual planning activities and communicate and execute plans with both customers and brokers.
- Effectively manage time and travel to meet competing objectives and priorities.
- Support sales forecasting and coordinate product needs with supply chain and customer service.
- Identify industry trends and opportunities – consumer shopping patterns, distributor changes, competitor issues, etc. – and recommend expedient and appropriate actions.
- Calculate Margins, Customer Profitability, Promotional Effectiveness, New SKU Payout, Deductions, etc.
- Results Tracking & Management:
- Utilize Company sales reports and syndicated data sources to regularly review business and spot trends, opportunities in the business. Follow up with customers and internal departments.
- Implement tracking/reporting tools to support regional sales objectives.
- Develop methods to systematically track and report competitive activity.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in grocery and/or mass channel sales.
- Experience must include successful broker management, at both the direct point of sale and retail.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating new accounts and new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, able to communicate and present material in a concise and compelling manner and command attention while communicating material to audience.
- Willing to travel significantly and commit necessary time to develop sales opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Company provided Smartphone
- Personal Automobile
- Company provided computer
- Video, Audio/Visual equipment
Physical Demands:Requires independent judgment, good time management skills, and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. Use of hands to grasp, handle, pinch, pick-up and type. Reach with hands and arms. Ability to climb, balance and lift up to 25 pounds. Close, distance and peripheral vision with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Home office based position. Position requires frequent and sometimes urgent travel.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met or are encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.