Key Task: Grow sales of Wholesome!™ (Sweetener and Candy) products in the Natural & Specialty channels working closely with key customers, distributors and brokers.
Location: Home based position in the Western US in close proximity to a major airport
- Develop and execute annual strategic Go-To-Market plan to drive increased sales and presence for Wholesome!™ Sweeteners’ product line (including Sweetener and Candy products) in assigned channels/customers. Assigned customers will be a combination of Natural (UNFI HQ Rocklin call, Whole Foods, Sprouts, New Season’s etc..), Conventional (Raley’s, Savemart, etc..) Grocery retailers as well as some E-commerce customers (i.e. Amazon, I Herb, Thrive etc..)
- Act as primary point of contact and relationship owners for key customers, distributors and brokers in assigned geography
- Lead broker partners (where applicable) to execute against our GTM objectives and set up appropriate programs and KPIs to measure and manage their performance in assigned customers.
- Lead customer business planning process across assigned customers. Leverage broker resources, internal resources & tools to identify opportunities, build the plan, and sell the plan to the customer to deliver mutual value.
- Recommend new products and promotional plans to tailor Wholesome!™ /TruSweets product mix to best meet the customer & channel needs.
- Recommend marketing and trade marketing vehicles and strategies to develop Wholesome!™ /TruSweets business and enhance the brand in the assigned customers. This could include trade ads, distributor/broker incentives, promotional pricing, POS materials, customer marketing vehicles and other tactics that are effective in these channels. Become the expert on and internal champion for customer promotional vehicles that can deliver mutual value for Wholesome!™ /TruSweets and the customer.
- Manage trade spend program and evaluate short and long term ROI of key activities and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Successfully interact with all levels of customers, external partners, brokers, agencies and internal support team to deliver superior results
- Provide monthly sales reports, expense reports, and other assigned reports as necessary.
- Effectively address customer issues and needs to their satisfaction while at the same time meeting the Company’s sales and profit objectives.
- On-going communication with Team members to ensure we remain on track to deliver financial KPIs.
- Business Planning:
- Deliver a plan that secures necessary sales, profit and expense objectives and execute that plan.
- Effectively manage time and travel to meet competing objectives and priorities.
- Forecast sales and coordinate product needs with Sales Operations, Supply Chain and Customer Service
- Identify, monitor and retail trends and opportunities, distributor changes, customer and consumer dynamics, etc. Recommend appropriate actions to Sales Director.
- Results Tracking & Management:
- Implement tracking/reporting tools, in conjunction with Finance, Customer Service, Sales Operations, etc.
- Assist with developing sales budgets by SKU and promotional spending budgets.
- Develop methods to systematically track and report competitive activity.
- Manage travel & trade budgets to ensure efficient use of Company resources
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree (required) with Business, Marketing or Food-related sciences concentration (preferred).
- Minimum 6-8 years CPG Sales and Sales related experience with at significant time spent directly managing a branded business at major retailers as a National Account Manager, Customer Business Manager or similar position.
- Demonstrated customer centric approach a must
- The ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated success with BOTH traditional CPG brands as well as Natural/Organic brands and in particular dealing with the Distributor partners in this channel (UNFI, KeHE, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience cultivating new accounts and new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, must be very self-motivated and comfortable dealing with significant ambiguity.
- Willing to travel significantly and commit necessary time to develop sales opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Proficient in understanding and using syndicated market data such as SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Trade Marketing and/or Sales Operations experience is preferred.
Requires independent judgment, good time management skills, and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. Use of hands to grasp, handle, pinch, pick-up and type. Reach with hands and arms. Ability to climb, balance and lift up to 25 pounds. Close, distance and peripheral vision with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Home office based position. Position requires frequent and sometimes urgent travel, and may entail 30-50% travel at times.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met or are encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.