Wholesome! Fair Trade Organic Blue Agave is a natural low glycemic sweetener harvested from the core of the Blue Agave plant. Organic Blue Agave is a mild delicious syrup that is ideal for sweetening beverages, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, yogurt, cereal and more. It is also great in smoothies, iced tea, or cocktails as it dissolves quickly in cold beverages. Agave is easy to bake with as well. Try it wherever you would use a tabletop sugar. Take a look at our delicious Organic Blue Agave recipes.
Coming Summer 2016, Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave will transition into recyclable Green Bottles! Made from 30% plant-based resin, these eco friendly bottles are BPA free and recyclable PET.
- Use 3/4 of a cup agave to replace 1 cup refined sugar, then adjust to your own personal taste
- Reduce other liquids in the recipe by 30%
- Cook lower and slower: reduce the baking temperature by 25°F and bake a little longer
Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave is low glycemic with a glycemic index of 39 or less. You get natural sweetness without the blood sugar spike. Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave syrup has been tested by an independent glycemic lab. Glycemic index will vary from person to person, depending on how each person metabolizes sugar, and on other foods consumed at the same time. Here are other great reasons to try organic blue agave:
- The sweet, mild nectar is 25% sweeter than sugar so less is needed
- Agave is non-crystallizing and dissolves quickly in hot or cold beverages. No refrigeration is required.
- Our Organic Blue Agave is naturally gluten-free, suitable for vegans, and Non-GMO Project Verified
- Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave is never watered down and has no additives or preservatives.
The Fair Trade Certified logo is Wholesome!’s guarantee that our farming cooperatives are paid directly for the agave grown. This means that farmers can compete with factory farms, cultivate the quality of their crops, send their kids to school and build thriving communities. Thank you for choosing Wholesome!