Agave Mexican Hot Chocolate
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the half and half to a simmer.
- Whisk in chocolate until melted and smooth
- Add the Organic Blue Agave, nutmeg, cinnamon and pimente d’Espilette and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Check for sweetness, add more Organic Blue Agave if necessary.
- To assemble, pour hot chocolate into serving cups and top with whipped cream. Dust the whipping cream with cocoa powder and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Yield: 1 Gallon (Recipe makes a big batch intended for large parties, catering or foodservice occasions. For home use, we suggested cutting the recipe as needed.)
Recipe Source: Chef Tanya Duyongco
- 12 cups half and half
- 4 cups bittersweet Fair Trade chocolate chips
- 1 cup Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Pimente dEspilette or cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Fair Trade cocoa powder, for dusting
- 16 cinnamon sticks, for garnish