Agave Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel, halve, and seed the squash. Place squash and whole unpeeled garlic cloves in a baking dish or sheet pan large enough to hold them all in one layer. Arrange with the cut side up. Mix the olive oil, organic raw blue agave, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over squash, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until squash begins to brown, rotate pan once during baking.
- Sprinkle bacon (optional) and thyme or sage leaves evenly over squash and continue to bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, until squash and garlic are tender and caramelized (If the squash browns too quickly, just tent it with foil). Season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy the garlic with the squash or smeared over the French bread. Optional: French bread for serving.
- 1 large butternut or acorn squash
- 1 head of garlic separated but not peeled
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Wholesome Organic Raw Blue Agave Syrup
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- 3-4 Sprigs of thyme or sage