- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor, combine the toasted almonds and 2 tbsp sugar. Pulse until well blended and finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks and 1 cup sugar and whisk by hand until well blended and slightly thicker. (Do NOT use an electric hand or stand mixer.) Gradually whisk in the melted butter. Add the vanilla and almond extract. Sift flour and toasted almond mixture over the batter and fold in until just blended.
- Bake in a buttered, floured 9-inch spring-form pan for 45-minutes to an hour.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fruit and top with a light dusting of chocolate sprinkles.