Angel Food Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Whip the egg whites in a large mixing bowl at high speed until just frothy (approximately 1 minute). Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla and whip at high speed until egg whites are almost stiff (approximately 4 minutes). Reduce speed to low and gradually blend in the sugar. Scrape bowl.
- Sift together the flour and powdered sugar and spoon 1/4 of the mixture over the egg whites. Repeat, folding gently between each addition.
- Fill the cupcake papers 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate pan and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown and cracks are very dry.
- Cool cupcakes completely before removing from pan.
- Just before serving, top with whipped cream and berries or Wholesome Organic Vanilla Frosting.
- 12 egg whites from large cage-free organic eggs (enough for 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose unbleached organic flour
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- Whipped cream and fresh berries or Wholesome Organic Vanilla Frosting