- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, margarine, egg (or egg replacement), 1 cup of Sucanat and vanilla. Mix well with a pastry blender or hand mixer until it resembles small crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the pan.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with the 1/3 cup Sucanat and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine and drizzle it over the apple mixture. Toss until well combined.
- Spread the apple mixture evenly over the crust with a spatula. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the fruit bubbles. Cut into bars while still warm.