- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel and slice apples. In a bowl, mix sliced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- To make crumble, mix oats and sugar until blended. Add warmed butter and mix just until crumbly (avoid over mixing).
- Fill pie shell with apple mix and cover with crumble topping.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream.
- For Apple Mix:
- 12 large McIntosh Apples (16 if small)
- 1/4 cup Billington’s Light Brown Muscovado Sugar or Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- For Crumble:
- 2 1/2 cups oats (large flakes)
- 1 1/4 cups Billington’s Light Brown Muscovado Sugar or Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine soft