For the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little almond flour.
- In the food processor, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the remaining donut ingredients and process until the batter is smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Divide the batter evenly among the donut indentations, smooth the tops and bake for 10 minutes or until they spring back when touched lightly. Do not overcook the donuts or they will be dry. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
For the Frosting:
- Combine the shortening, honey, lemon juice and zest in a medium mixing bowl and beat with a hand beater until smooth and fluffy. Your mixture may become curdled looking, if so just keep beating until it is smooth.
- Frost cooled donuts.