Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, Organic sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in bananas and egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture, and stir in the chocolate bits.
- Spread into prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with Organic Powdered Sugar, and cut into bars.
- Makes 6 dozen bars.
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted organic sweet cream butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Wholesome Organic Sugar
- 2/3 cup Billington’s Light Brown Muscovado Sugar or Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe Fair Trade bananas, mashed
- 1 large cage-free Organic egg
- 2 cups (12 oz package) Fair Trade semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar for dusting