Lindsay Ostrom is the founder of Pinch of Yum- a personal blog that documents her favorite recipes in addition to life stories and travel adventures. Pinch of Yum is known for its flavorful and healthy recipes, beautiful photography, blogging resources, and a strong personal connection.
Content from Pinch of Yum has been featured on sites like Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, MSN, Today, the Kitchn, SHAPE, Smart Passive Income, Mixergy, and more. Lindsay's favorite things in life are photography, sunny days, Sage the dog, and a big plate of Pad Thai.
Banh Mi Bowls
- Quick Pickled Carrots:Whisk the rice vinegar, palm sugar, sesame oil, and salt together. Soak the carrots in the mixture for one hour.
- Meatballs:Mix all ingredients. Roll into small meatballs with your hands (they might feel wet and heavy – pop them in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to get them to hold their shape a bit better). Heat a little bit of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the meatballs and fry until golden brown on the outside and fully cooked (not pink) inside.
- Bowls: Layer the carrots and meatballs over quinoa, rice, or noodles. Top with herbs, peanuts, sesame seeds, and/or spicy mayo. I would feel happy for you if you also added an avocado.
Yield: enough meatballs and carrots for 4 bowls
- Quick Pickled Carrots
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-8 carrots, cut into thin ribbons (I used a peeler to make those curls)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1-2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (like Sriracha or Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- quinoa, rice, or noodles
- herbs: cilantro, basil, mint, green onions
- crushed peanuts or sesame seeds
- spicy mayo (just mayo with a hit of sriracha)