Beehive Honey Cookies
- Cream butter, organic brown sugar, organic honey and lemon zest until smooth.
- Beat in egg.
- Add dry ingredients in thirds, mixing well with each addition.
- Scrape dough onto plastic wrap. Shape it into a log about 12 inches long.
- Chill an hour or so until firm, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Cut log into 1/4-inch slices, place 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Organic Turbinado Sugar, lightly pressing sugar into dough.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cool Beehive Honey Cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a rack. Cool completely.
- 3/4 cup butter – lightly chilled, cut in bits
- 1/2 cup Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Wholesome! Fair Trade Organic Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cage-free organic egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Wholesome! Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar