Berry Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Do not overmix the batter, as it will result in tough muffins.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Scoop the batter evenly into each paper lined muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the muffins, if it comes out clean or with a little batter stuck to it, the muffins are done.
- Cool in the pan for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- May be eaten warm with butter, organic raw honey or organic blue agave.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum- if your mix does not already have it
- 1/4 cup Wholesome! Fair Trade Raw Cane Sugar
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Orange zest
- 1/4 cup egg beaters or 1 large cage-free organic egg
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh frozen berries
- Wholesome! Organic Raw Honey or Organic Raw Blue Agave