Blackberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, almonds, organic blue agave and softened butter in a food processor and pulse until well combined and the almonds are coarsely ground. Set aside.
- Combine the blackberries, lemon juice and 2/3 cup organic blue agave in a food processor and puree. Strain the puree and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using a whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese and medium high speed for 2-3 minutes. Turn down to medium low speed and slowly stream in the puree mixture on the side of the bowl until incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and switch to medium high speed again and whisk till smooth. Set aside.
- In small saucepan add the water and sprinkle the gelatin over the water to let the gelatin bloom. On a low flame, heat the mixture until the gelatin is fully dissolved, swirling it in the process, but do not boil. Set aside to cool for a bit. Meanwhile, in another mixing bowl using a whisk attachment, combine the whipping cream and 2 tablespoon organic blue agave and whip on medium speed until slightly thick. Slowly stream in the warm gelatin mixture on the side of the mixing bowl until incorporated. Turn up speed to high and continue to whip until stiff.
- Pour the whipped cream onto the cream cheese mixture and whip on medium until smooth and well combined. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
- Line up the jars. First, create a bottom layer with the almond crumbs and press down gently. Then pipe a layer of the whipped mixture on top of the crumbs. Alternate between the almond crumbs and the blackberry mixture until the mason jar is full. Garnish with extra almond crumbs and fresh blackberries. Chill for about an hour to set the parfaits before serving.
Yields: 8 (8 oz jars)
Recipe Source: Chef Tanya Duyongco
- For the Almond Crumb:
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cups Slivered Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- For the cheesecake parfait:
- 1 cup Fresh Blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave (Divided)
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp. Unflavored Gelatin
- 8 Tsp Water