Buckwheat Sunflower Waffles
- In a mixing bowl, cover millet and buckwheat with water. Cover bowl and let stand on the counter overnight (or at least 3 hours.)
- Drain, rinse and place soaked grains in a blender or food processor. Add 1 cup water, butter, organic sugar or honey, salt and cinnamon. Process until mixture becomes quite smooth (with little or no whole millet remaining.)
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Pour about 2/3 cup batter (or what manufacturer recommends) onto a hot waffle iron, sprinkle the top with sunflower seeds, close and bake until crispy and golden, according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve hot. Top with fresh organic seasonal berries and Wholesome! Organic Pancake Syrup or Organic Coconut Palm Syrup.
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 2 tbsp Wholesome! Fair Trade Organic Cane Sugar or Wholesome! Organic Honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp shelled sunflower seeds
- Seasonal berries
- Wholesome! Organic Pancake Syrup or Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Syrup