- Sift together flour, baking powder, organic sugar and salt. Add spices if using.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and salad oil in a separate bowl. Add mix to dry ingredients. Stir until flour is moistened and free from lumps, but do not over-stir.
- Pour batter onto a seasoned hot griddle or non-stick fry pan. When batter is bubbly and thickens, carefully flip pancake to cook both sides. Serve warm and top with Organic Pancake Syrup, Organic Coconut Palm Syrup, or Organic Blue Agave Syrup as desired.
- Makes about six 4-inch pancakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cage-free organic egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- Wholesome! Organic Pancake Syrup or Organic Coconut Palm Syrup