Cardamom Pear Honey Cake
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch springform pan. Slice each pear half lengthwise into thirds; set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together almond meal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt. In another bowl, whisk together olive oil and sour cream.
- In separate bowl, using electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs for 3 to 5 minutes until thick, pale yellow and tripled in volume. Beat in 1/2 cup organic honey and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in 3 parts, alternating with olive oil mixture in 2 parts, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Arrange pear slices on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven; immediately brush top of cake with remaining honey.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake. Remove ring from springform pan; transfer cake to wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days.
For an extra bit of pizzazz, garnish the cake with a sprinkle of toasted slivered almonds.
- 1 can (14 oz) organic pear halves packed in juice, drained well and patted dry
- 1 cup ground almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup each olive oil and sour cream
- 2 cage-free organic eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract