Chili Spiced Honey Rhubarb Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and ginger. In separate bowl, whisk sour cream with 1/3 cup honey, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk in butter.
- Pour honey mixture over flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. 6. Drizzle with remaining honey and sprinkle with remaining chili powder.
For light and tender muffins, do not over mix batter — stir just until wet and dry ingredients are combined. A few lumps and small streaks of flour are OK.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ancho chili powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt
- 1/4 tsp each ground allspice and ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Honey, divided
- 2 organic cage-free eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups diced rhubarb