Chocolate Creme Brulee
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl over simmering water with 3/4 cup of the cream. When melted, stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and put to one side.
- In a medium bowl whisk the Organic Light Brown Sugar, egg yolks and cornstarch till thick and pale.
- Pour the remaining cream into a large pan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and pour it slowly into the egg mixture whisking as you pour. When smooth return the mixture to the pan and heat gently, stirring, until it thickens.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the chocolate mixture and whisk again till smooth. Pour into 6 individual ramekins and level the surface with the back of a spoon. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle each surface with about 1 tablespoon of Organic Cane Sugar or Natural Cane Sugar and caramelize using a blow torch or under a medium hot broiler for about 1 min till the sugar is melted and dark golden brown.
Recipe Source: Zoe Hill
- 6 oz dark chocolate minimum 36% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided use
- 5 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar or Wholesome! Natural Cane Sugar for sprinkling.