Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, beat flour, organic powdered sugar, walnuts, butter and cocoa in large mixer bowl until soft dough forms. Press dough onto bottom and up side of ungreased 9 or 9.5-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom 9 or 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For the filling, combine cream and organic cane sugar in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in morsels and jam, and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to small mixer bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is cooled and slightly thickened.
- Beat for 20 to 30 seconds or just until color lightens slightly. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm. Remove side of pan and garnish with fresh organic raspberries and/or whipped cream.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
- Crust Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 6 tbsp organic butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Fair Trade baking cocoa
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 cups (12 oz) Fair Trade semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tbsp seedless organic raspberry jam
- Fresh organic raspberries (optional)