Curry Apple Soup
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Sauté the onion in the butter until the onion begins to brown. Add the curry powder and reduce the temperature.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring the temperature back up to a gentle boil. Add the apples and a pinch of salt. Simmer until the apples are soft and mushy (20-30 minutes).
- Let the soup cool a bit.
- Using an immersion blender, blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth and creamy (you may need to parcel it into smaller batches). Whisk in the lemon juice, then the organic blue agave and cream. Check for seasoning and chill the soup thoroughly.
- Serve cold, sprinkled with mint and cayenne.
- 1 tbsp organic sweet cream butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Madras-style curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 qt chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups sweet apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of half a large lemon
- 2 tsp Wholesome Organic Blue Agave
- 3/4 cup heavy or whipping cream, or for a slightly more tart flavor, use plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper