Dairy-Free Stevia Cream Puffs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 cup water, coconut oil, 1 tsp Organic Stevia and salt until starting to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add flour all at once. With wooden spoon, stir vigorously until mixture forms ball and leaves side of pan. Return pan to stovetop over medium-low heat; stir vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes or until thin, dry film forms on bottom of pan. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with wooden spoon after each addition until egg is well incorporated and mixture is smooth, shiny and thickened. (Alternatively, beat with electric mixer.)
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of mixture into mounds onto parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. (Alternatively, fill pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch tip and pipe mixture onto prepared baking sheet.)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed; cut a slit into each puff and return to oven. Reduce heat to 350°F; bake for 10 minutes. Turn off oven; let puffs dry in oven for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on rack.
- Carefully spoon out firm, hardened layer of coconut “cream” on top of can into bowl, reserving coconut water for another use. Using electric mixer, beat coconut cream until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 tbsp Organic Stevia and vanilla.
- In food processor, combine remaining Organic Stevia and cornstarch; pulse until finely ground.
- Just before serving, fill cream puffs with coconut cream and dust with powdered stevia.
- Alternatively, melt dark chocolate with a little coconut oil and drizzle over top of cream puffs.
- For a festive holiday croquembouche, stack cream puffs into a cone shape to resemble a Christmas tree. Use melted chocolate to “glue” cream puffs into place.