Fiery Asian Chicken Pasta
- Mix first six ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook noodles without salt until they are al dente. Drain and save the pasta water for later.
- Heat a wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil to just coat the pan. Just when it starts to smoke, stir fry the chicken until lightly browned and add the sliced mushrooms. Stir-fry for a few more minutes; add the minced garlic, chili flakes and spring onions; stir-fry for another minute.
- Add sauce, and turn heat to low. Stir and lightly simmer for one minute.
- Add pasta and about ½ a cup or more of the pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with sliced peppers, nuts and cilantro sprigs.
Yields: 6-8 servings
Recipe Source: Chef Tanya Duyongco for Wholesome!
- ¼ cup Wholesome Organic Raw Agave or Coconut Palm Syrup
- 1/3 cup Char Siu Sauce
- ¼ cup Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp chili garlic oil
- Sesame oil
- 2 medium organic chicken breasts, ¼ inch strips
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 Thai bird chiles, minced or 1 tsp hot chili flakes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¾ cup unsalted peanuts or cashew nuts