- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a lightly colored baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk or fork, mix together the brown sugar and egg until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and then both the almond butter and peanut butter. Depending on what type of nut butters you use (natural, raw, etc.) will impact how well the dough mixes. I find a fork works well to incorporate all the ingredients. Mix until smooth and the dough looks one color, not streaky. The consistency should be sticky, but hold its shape.
- Using a measuring tablespoon (metal works best), form even size balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on middle rack, until lightly browned on the edges.
- Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, frost with Wholesome! Organic Chocolate Frosting and enjoy!
Recipe by: Shannon A. Garcia, Kiss in the Kitchen