Lindsay Ostrom is the founder of Pinch of Yum- a personal blog that documents her favorite recipes in addition to life stories and travel adventures. Pinch of Yum is known for its flavorful and healthy recipes, beautiful photography, blogging resources, and a strong personal connection.
Content from Pinch of Yum has been featured on sites like Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, MSN, Today, the Kitchn, SHAPE, Smart Passive Income, Mixergy, and more. Lindsay's favorite things in life are photography, sunny days, Sage the dog, and a big plate of Pad Thai.
French Toast Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Grease a muffin tin and fill each opening with bread, right to the top.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, organic cane sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Pour 3-4 tablespoons over the bread in each cup.
- Combine the flour, organic light brown sugar, and cinnamon – cut the butter into the mixture with your hands, incorporating it until small crumbs form. Top each French Toast Cup with a spoonful of crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Top with organic powdered sugar and organic coconut palm syrup or organic pancake syrup.
- NOTES: If you like a drier, more sturdy French toast, don’t fill the muffin tins with more than just 3 or 4 tablespoons of egg mixture. If you like more moist French Toast, you can fill the cups a little higher with the egg mixture. They will puff out more, and sink down when they cool a little bit, but they are still equally delicious!
- For the French Toast Cups:
- 1/2 loaf French bread torn into small pieces
- 3 cage-free, organic eggs
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1/4 cup organic half and half or cream
- 1/4 cup Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For the Cinnamon Streusel Topping:
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar
- Wholesome! Organic Pancake Syrup or Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Syrup