French Toast with Banana Stuffing
- Peel and slice bananas. Put into small bowl and mash with a fork. Spread half the bread slices with mashed bananas leaving a 1/4-inch border all around. Top each with a remaining bread slice, and press down gently to seal.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine soy milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk thoroughly. One at a time, place sandwiches in egg mixture. Turn gently with a spatula to saturate both sides and transfer to hot griddle.
- Cook until golden for about 3 minutes. Turn and cook second sides until golden for about 3 minutes. Repeat with any remaining sandwiches.
- Dust with organic powdered sugar or drizzle with organic pancake syrup or organic blue agave.
- Top with your favorite seasonal berries.
- 3 medium ripe Fair Trade bananas
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cup organic milk or soy milk
- 3 large cage-free organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave Syrup or Wholesome! Organic Pancake Syrup
- Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Seasonal Organic Berries (optional)