Ginger Peach Hand Pies
- In heavy-bottom skillet set over medium-high heat, combine peaches, mango, 3 tbsp Organic Stevia, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until fruit is tender and juices have thickened. Let cool completely. Stir in almonds.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On work surface, lay 1 sheet phyllo with one long side facing you; brush lightly with oil. Top with another sheet of phyllo, brushing lightly with oil (keep remaining sheets covered with damp towel). Cut into 4 strips crosswise, each about 4 inches wide.
- Two inches from bottom, place two heaping tablespoonfuls of peach mixture on 1 strip; fold right bottom corner over to enclose filling and form triangle. Continue folding up length of strip in triangles. Repeat with remaining strips to form 3 more pies.
- Place on baking sheet and cover with tea towel; repeat with remaining phyllo and filling to make 4 more pies. Brush pies with oil; sprinkle with remaining Organic Stevia.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Tip: For a change, try apples and pears instead of peaches and mango.
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen mango
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Stevia, divided
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 3 tbsp olive oil