Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Line 18 standard sized muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, organic sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash 2 of the bananas well with a fork. Add the melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla and whisk well. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until all the flour is blended into the batter. Dice the remaining banana, and fold into the batter along with the nuts. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
Yields: 18 muffins
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 ripe Fair Trade organic bananas
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup organic whole milk
- 1 large cage free, organic egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts