Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten Free Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet or 9 by 12 baking dish with the butter.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate milk, coffee, brown sugar, cream, and vanilla, and whisk well. Whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Add the bread, stir, and let sit for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the bread mixture into the prepared skillet, add the chocolate chips, and stir to distribute the chips throughout.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the custard is set and the top is browned.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder, if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 loaf gluten free white sandwich bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Optional for Serving: whipped cream, cocoa powder