Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten Free Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Cake
- Prepare the cake mixes according to the package direction and bake in 8- or 9-inch cake pans. Allow to cool completely, then cut each cake in half horizontally, making 4 layers total. If your cake is domed at the top, cut off the dome portion with a serrated knife so the tops are flat. Brush off as many crumbs as you can.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
- Pop the popcorn according to the package directions and while still hot, pour into a large bowl and mix with ¾ cup of the caramel sauce. Spread the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let the popcorn cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Combine the 2 jars of frosting with 6 tablespoons of caramel sauce. Place one cake layer on a platter or cake plate and spread a little less than a quarter of the frosting on top. Repeat with the remaining layers, frost the sides of the cake and spread the caramel popcorn on top of the cake. Drizzle the remaining 4 tablespoons of caramel on the cake. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- 2 boxes Carol's gluten free chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients to prepare)
- 1 bag microwave popcorn (that makes 4 – 4 ½ cups popped popcorn)
- ¾ cup plus 10 tablespoons gluten free salted caramel sauce, divided
- 2 jars Wholesome Organic Vanilla Frosting