Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until creamy. Turn the mixer to low and beat in the vanilla and egg. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and beat on low until the mixture forms into dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 16 large balls. Place on the baking sheets and flatten slightly with the back of a spatula. Bake for 9 – 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on the flat side of half the cookies. Top with another cookie, flat side down and gently press together, Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour blend
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream