Gluten-Free Champagne Glazed Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Over a simmering double boiler or in a microwave-safe dish, melt the coconut spread and butter with the espresso, pudding mix powder, water and cocoa. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- With the paddle attachment in your mixer, combine the rice flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for about a minute or two on low speed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream, agave, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the cocoa bowl mixture into the mix of flours and other dry ingredients. Combine on low to medium speed. When completely mixed, add the sour cream/agave mixture. When all ingredients are thoroughly combined, stir in the mini chips by hand.
- Using a regular-sized ice cream scoop, distribute the batter into 16 cupcake cases in cupcake tins. Bake at 325°F for 40-42 minutes. Rotate at the 20 minute mark. Use the toothpick method to determine if the cupcake is baked.
- Cool for 12 minutes before removing cupcakes from the tins. Let them cool completely before adding marmalade centers and the champagne glaze.
- Whisk the sugar and champagne well. If using marmalade, first scoop out the centers of the cupcakes with melon ballers and fill. Drizzle glaze on top of each cupcake.
Lemon Peach Champagne Marmalade:
- In a large bowl, combine all the above ingredients.
- Pour into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over a medium flame. Keep stirring with a heat resistant spatula to avoid sticking and burning. The champagne marmalade will reduce and congeal in about 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Scoop out the middles of the cooled cupcakes with a melon baller and top with champagne glaze.
- 4 tbsp organic coconut spread
- 2 1/2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup espresso, cooled
- 2 tbsp organic vanilla cooked pudding and pie filling mix, dry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Fair Trade unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup rice flour blend
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lactose-free sour cream
- 1 cup Wholesome! Fair Trade Organic Raw Blue Agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cage-free organic eggs
- 3/4 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Champagne Glaze:
- 1 1/4 Wholesome! Fair Trade Organic Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp champagne
- Lemon Peach Champagne Marmalade:
- 4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- 1/4 tsp organic ground ginger powder
- 1/4 cup Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 cup champagne
- 4 tbsp premium fruit pectin
- Makes 16 cupcakes.