Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Ginger Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Cream the butter, 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar, and salt together in a mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, baking powder, cocoa powder, and organic blue agave syrup. Stir the chocolate chips and minced ginger into the dough.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of coconut sugar in a small bowl. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop tablespoons of the dough into balls, roll in the organic coconut palm sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the dough slightly and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Let cool on the pans for 5 minutes then remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Servings: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, divided use
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large cage-free, organic eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened Fair Trade cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave
- ½ cup Fair Trade semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup candied ginger, minced