Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie
- Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.
- Combine the organic sugar, cocoa powder and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Beat for a few seconds to combine.
- Add the melted butter, and beat on high until combined.
- Add the vanilla, bourbon, eggs and cornmeal.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust, sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
- 1¼ cups Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 4 tbsp Fair Trade unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 4 large cage-free, organic eggs
- 1½ tbsp gluten free cornmeal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked gluten free pie crust