Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten Free Honey Pepper Beef Stir Fry
- Combine the organic honey, soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, ginger, pepper, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Add the beef, toss to coat and let marinate for 10 – 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, green onions, and snow peas. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Add another tablespoon of oil, remove the beef from the marinade (save marinade) and add to the hot oil. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink on the outside. Remove the beef from the pan. Add the marinade to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the vegetables and beef back to the pan and cook, stirring for another 1 -2 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately over rice, if desired.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 4 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Honey
- 3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 – 2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb top round beef, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 8 oz snow peas, strings removed and cut in half