Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes, reduced sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease two 12-cup muffin pans.
- In a bowl cream butter and Wholesome Organic Zero Erythritol until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, mixing thoroughly. Add zest, lemon juice, and vanilla, mix. Using a spatula, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Turn the mixer on for another 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt in a bowl. Mixing on low, alternate adding large scoops of the flour mixture and the greek yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour. Once you have added the last of your flour, remove the bowl from the mixer and mix gently by hand until combined (may look slightly bumpy but that’s ok). Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups until 2/3 full. Gently tap the pan to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: Beat cream cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Turn mixer to low and beat in organic powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice. Once combined, beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto the cupcakes.
Wholesome Organic Zero is 100% pure calorie-free Organic Erythritol, so it doesn’t contain any hidden fillers or sugar. It’s perfect for ketogenic, low carb or reduced sugar recipes.
Recipe Source: Jackie Bruchez of The Seaside Baker
- Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Zero Erythritol
- 2 cage-free organic eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice