Gluten Free Skillet Berry Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare the filling. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Add the berries, lemon juice, and zest and stir. Let sit while preparing the dough.
- For the dough, whisk together the flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the butter and, using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work the butter into the flour until it resembles a coarse meal with some bigger pieces of butter. Add the buttermilk and stir until combined.
- Pour the filling into a cast iron skillet. Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough on top of the berries. Sprinkle the dough with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the berries are bubbling. Let cool a little before serving.
- ½ cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO cornstarch
- 8 cups (2 pounds) mixed berries (if using strawberries, slice them in half and limit to 1½ cups, using other berries for the remainder) Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour blend
- 4 tablespoons Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup buttermilk