Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten Free Sweet & Spicy Honey Chicken Wings
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour into a large food storage bag, add the chicken wings, squeeze out the excess air, and seal. Refrigerate for 2 – 12 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- To grill: Prepare the grill for direct heat and preheat to medium-high. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Pat the wings dry with paper towels. Brush the grill grates with oil. Grill the wings 8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the wings are dark brown.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Brush the sauce on the wings and grill for 1 more minute per side. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- To Broil: Position the top rack of the oven about 6 inches from the top heat source. Preheat the broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Pat the wings dry with paper towels. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil the wings for 8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the wings are dark brown.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Brush the sauce on the wings and broil for 1 more minute per side. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Yield: A gluten free recipe that serves 4-6 people
- ½ cup gluten free tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup Wholesome! Organic Honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Vegetable oil (if grilling)
- 1/3 cup Wholesome! Organic Honey
- 1 -2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds