Grilled Tropical Fruit Tarts
- Line 6 individual tart pans with the pie crust dough. Blind bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 400°F.
- Warm coconut milk and 1/16 cup raw cane turbinadosugar in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then add the egg and vanilla essence, mixing well.
- Strain into the tart pans and bake at 350°F until set for about 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Peel and thinly slice the fruit and arrange it on top of the tarts. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Grill the tarts until the sugar bubbles and browns.
- Pie Crust Dough
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Billington’s Demerara Sugar or Wholesome! Raw Cane Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cage-free egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh tropical fruits for topping – mango, paw-paw, pineapple, kiwi, etc.