Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the protein powder, oat flour, cocoa powder, Wholesome Organic Stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, egg whites, ground flaxseed, and vanilla extract. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Spray a nonstick griddle with cooking spray and place over medium/medium-high heat.
- Scoop ~¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle. Cook until bubbles no longer appear on the surface and the edges appear dry. Flip and cook the other side. Continue until all the batter is used up.
- Let cool slightly, then serve with mini dark chocolate chips, my homemade chocolate syrup, homemade maple syrup, and/or my healthy peanut butter icing!
Recipe by: Desserts with Benefits
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ cup Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- 5 packets Wholesome Organic Stevia
- 1 tsp double-acting baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- tiny pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract