Honey Balsamic Mushroom Steaks
- Whisk honey, vinegar, oil, thyme, garlic, tamari, salt, pepper and chili flakes in shallow glass baking dish.
- Remove stems from each mushroom. Scrape out gills with a spoon; discard. Add mushrooms to baking dish; toss to coat with marinade. Let stand for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Place mushrooms on preheated greased grill, stem side up. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until mushrooms are grill marked and tender.
Tamari is a wheat-free soy sauce. If you can’t find it, just use regular soy sauce instead, but it does contain gluten.
Use mushroom steaks as a main dish for vegetarians at a barbecue, or slice and add to sandwiches, pastas or salads.
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, each 5-inches in diameter