Honey Eggnog Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter with honey until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating first fully before adding the second; beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk in 2 parts, and scraping bowl between additions.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup approximately two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack.
- Frosting: Meanwhile, whisk together egg white, honey, 2 tbsp water, cream of tartar and salt in heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Using electric hand mixer with clean beaters, beat egg white mixture for 6 to 8 minutes or until it holds a stiff peak.
- Remove frosting from heat, continuing to beat for 2 minutes or until frosting is cooled. Beat in vanilla and rum extracts.
- Spread cupcakes with frosting; dust with nutmeg.
If you have some handy, replace the rum extract with 1 tbsp dark rum.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- Pinch each cream of tartar and salt
- 1/2 tsp each vanilla extract and rum extract
- Pinch ground nutmeg